Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium
Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium is an American football arena in Fayetteville, Arkansas and fills in as the home field of the University of Arkansas Razorbacks football crew since its opening in 1938. The arena was once known as Razorback Stadium starting around 1941 preceding being renamed in 2001 out of appreciation for Donald W. Reynolds, an American finance manager and altruist. The battleground in the arena is named the Frank Broyles Field, regarding previous Arkansas head football trainer and athletic chief Frank Broyles.
During the 2000-2001 redesigns, Razorback Stadium expanded the seating limit from 50,019 to 72,000, with a choice to extend ability to 76,000 with the “transitory” grandstand seating on the south end.
Before 1938, the Razorbacks played in a 300-seat arena worked in 1901 ashore on top of “The Hill”, which is presently involved by Mullins Library and the Fine Arts Center (in the “middle” of grounds). The new arena cost around $492,000 and was financed by the Works Progress Administration, with the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville just paying 22% of the agreement.
The arena opened for the 1938 football season as University Stadium, holding a limit of 13,500 onlookers. In the home opener for the Razorbacks, the Razorbacks crushed Oklahoma A&M by a score of 27–7 on September 24, 1938. The next week, Arkansas devoted the arena to then sitting Arkansas Governor Carl E. Bailey on October 3, 1938, changing the name of the arena to Bailey Stadium. Following Governor Bailey’s loss in the 1940 gubernatorial political race to Homer Martin Adkins, the arena’s name was changed in 1941 to Razorback Stadium.